Friday, February 11, 2011

Day 5

Today was grocery day so I did not get to work out in the morning.  By the time I got home with all of the goods and a crabby baby, made lunch for Caleb who came home from school around the same time, and got some housework done, I had a feeling that I just might skip the work out today.

Then I got to thinking that if I skipped one day, that I most likely would skip another day.  I cannot allow excuses to build up and make all of the work I have already done worthless.

So, with both boys awake and Abby on her way home from school, I began the Legs and Back routine.  Honestly, after Yoga, this one was not so bad.  Of course, if I actually did real pull-ups and chin-ups on the bar like I was supposed to, I might be singing a different tune.  My goodness-I have not done those since high school and that was many pounds ago.  I did my best and worked really hard on all of the other tasks.

Out of all of the things they had me do, would you believe the one I am going to feel tomorrow is when I had to stand on my toes and keep flexing my feet?  So simple, yet so effective.  Goes to show you that you do not need a gym to get a great work-out.

I barely got done in time to take Abby to dance practice (my apologies to any parents who stood next to me in that tiny hallway-I probably could have smelled better), so I had to skip the additional Ab Ripper.  I planned on doing it when I got home and got the kids to bed, but that was such a laughable idea.  My tired butt immediately hit the couch and I relaxed to my recorded Thursday night shows, waiting for Nick to come home. 

This tired mom does not feel one bit guilty.

No comments:

Post a Comment