Monday, February 7, 2011

Day 1 Again

Who knew my slight illness would turn into weeks of coughing (still have a few fits every now and then), fevers, and all around soreness?  My goodness.  I am so thankful to finally feel better and have the energy to start this again.

(Well, I am still nursing and chasing my three children around-energy is not quite the word I should use.  Perhaps the phrase "motivation to button my normal pants" is the more accurate reason.)

Since I had such a long break, I decided to start with the same disc to keep on schedule.  Having some idea of what to expect helped a bit.  I was not as awkward with some of the laughable positions I found myself in.  For those of you who have done this work-out, the shouts of "Banana!  Superman!" should ring a bell. 

I must say, sweating it out a bit and losing my breath does not bother me-it actually feels great to know I am burning some calories.  What is frustrating are two things-my back and my chest.

I injured my back years ago (something to do with falling off a cliff while sledding with youth group kids and then being carried out on a makeshift stretcher-I was such a cool youth leader) so some of these moves are not the most comfortable.  I know I need to be careful so as not to make it worse.

As for my chest-thanks to just being pregnant and currently nursing, they are really in my way.  I am used to years of being on the smaller side and being at ease with exercise.  This current size is really quite annoying.  I have no idea how women who are normally this size can ever go for a run without holding on for dear life!

So, here we go again.  I am looking forward to making it to a real Day 2 this time.

2 comments:

  1. good for you. i admire your motivation. P90X was hard enough when I wasn't nursing! I am anxious to get back into shape and working out, so I'll have to live vicariously through you until then!
    PS trying wearing sports bras that are just a bit smaller than normal and possibly wearing two?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually wore two bras today and it helped. Oh, the things we moms do :)

    ReplyDelete