Thursday, February 10, 2011

Day 4

The other day, Nick asked why everyone thought yoga was so hard.  He really did not understand why something so slow moving could be tiring.

Clearly, he had yet to reach the yoga disc on his work-out routine.

I never expected Yoga X to be the hardest to complete.  Wow.  Forget all the rumors about feeling the zen and breathing in deep-it is a true butt kicker.

First of all, it is over an hour.  As soon as I saw the clock on the bottom, I thought, "Great, there goes my 'sitting on my butt relaxing afterward' time."  I felt like it took forever to even reach the "only an hour" mark.  I just kept thinking that it was impossible for them to introduce more moves since my muscles were screaming in pain-why did they look so peaceful? 

I am proud of myself in that I completed almost everything.  I may not have looked as graceful (or happy) as the pros, but I worked hard.

Now, for the whole "clear your mind" thing...are they kidding?  I am supposed to clear my mind of stuff that happened that morning, of things that I have to do later and any noise?  That is hilarious.  I tried my best to ignore Noah when he randomly started crying in the middle of his nap, but I eventually did have to be a parent and check on him.  I hit the pause button to run upstairs and make sure everything was okay.

Oh, who am I kidding?  I did not hit pause, I let them continue on so I could give myself a break as I limped up the stairs.

I must say that my favorite part was the cool down.  When I got to the point where I could just lay on my back in silence, I thought I was in Heaven.  They really should have a disc that just lets you take a nap as a reward.  One burns calories while sleeping, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment