Thursday, March 17, 2011

Day 39

I used to think that the first half of Yoga X was harder than the second half.  I am slowly changing my mind.

I think it is because I getting used to the never-ending movements of the first half.  Now that I know what to expect, I move with slight grace and can breathe through the used-to-be impossible poses.  The second half was kicking my butt today.  Especially the ab work.  I felt a combination of wanting to throw up from working my ab muscles and actually being really hungry from the work-out.

Now that I am done nursing, it is official-I need to watch what I eat.  Not that I am a terrible eater, mind you.  I eat pretty healthy, but have never really counted calories or dieted.  Not that I plan on dieting, either!  But, perhaps my daily egg bagel from Brueggers should take a break. 

It just tastes so good after a work-out, though...

I do not want to give the scale too much credit since I am gaining muscle at the same time.  But, I have not moved down a pound since the first few that I lost in the beginning.  Things are shaping up, but I am really frustrated with my weight.  I feel great about myself, but still dread finding things to wear in public.  Staying home with the kids in my sweats is so much more fun.

Even though the weight takes awhile, I do feel great these days.  My energy level is up and I do not get as tired as I used to get.

You know, besides the usual "I have three active children who exhaust me" tiredness.

No comments:

Post a Comment